[Wine] Kubuntu and Wine Problems

pongolo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 17 21:48:47 CDT 2009

I have run into a few problems in getting applications to work with Kubuntu.  I'm running Kubuntu 9.04 and Wine 1.1.23.

If installing an application, I get errors during the process and the installation is aborted.  If just running certain executables, the Wine Loader shows up in the task bar but the disappears after a few seconds without the application running.

I was able to install Call Of Duty 2 in an Ubuntu virtualbox under my Kubuntu box and it installed without any problems.

I am wondering if I am missing some files or packages needed to properly run Wine on Kubuntu. I have uninstalled and reinstalled wine with the same results.  Can anyone let me know if there are additional packages needed to run Wine under Kubuntu as opposed to Ubuntu?

Thanks,
Freddie