[Wine] Re: Error compiling Wine 0.9.53 - Please Help

ackanao wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 18 09:40:09 CDT 2009

Greetings good people and thank you for your help - I managed to compile Wine 0.9.53 successfully!

I just added this two lines at the begining of signal_i386.c file:

#define VIF_MASK 0x00080000
#define VIP_MASK 0x00100000

It takes long time to do Reverse Regression Testing maybe because I'm still not that familiar with Git (I'll do it anyway because I want to learn how to do it).

But now I have another problem and I hope you'll help me with this:

I set "/home/myself/winebuilds/wine-0.9.53" for install folder and use "checkinstall" to create deb package but after the installation Wine won't run no matter what I do ?!

If I run winecfg or winever from /home/myself/winebuilds/wine-0.9.53/bin it says command not found and when I choose to install Wine from repos it overwrites my version of Wine.

All I want is to have "stable" version of Wine installed in its default location and versions of Wine compiled by me installed in a different location - How can I achieve that and what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance...