[Wine] Re: Kubuntu and Wine Problems

pongolo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 18 17:33:55 CDT 2009

I have deleted the .wine folder and also tried using WINEPREFIX with the same results.  Notepad does work.

What I don't understand is that the Ubuntu installation I created inside a virtualbox in Kubuntu was able to install Call of Duty 2 without any problems.

If the only difference between Ubuntu and Kubuntu is the desktop interface, why is it that I can install the program under Ubuntu but not under Kubuntu?  I have tried the installation on a friend's Kubuntu with the same results.

Thanks,
Freddie