[Wine] Kubuntu and Wine Problems

Evil Jay wine at eternaldusk.com
Fri Jun 19 07:18:58 CDT 2009

Austin English wrote:
> That'd be a better question for Canonical...maybe it uses a different
> kernel? Or some other package difference.

Definitely not a question for Canonical, as they don't provide a 1.1.23
package (just 1.0.1).

It has to be something with his system or the package.  I'm running
1.1.23 on Kubuntu (Karmic, even) here with no problem.

@pongolo:  My suggestion would be to compile Wine from Git ('sudo
apt-get build-dep wine, then grab the source -
http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine#head-f90aa63f963ccd6f1b34f59e4fdaafaecc72ad18)
and see if you get different results.  If that works, it's a problem you
can report to the package maintainer.  If it doesn't, there's something
wrong with your system.

Posting the exact errors you receive will help us troubleshoot further.