[Wine] Best OS

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 05:18:43 CDT 2009

2009/6/20 asmith <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> I have 4G ram and my CPU is quad core q6600. I think I can handle having
> them both easily.
>
> A live-cd sounds good. How about I download ubuntu and install it on a
> virtual box or MS virtual pc?
> I'll give both a try.
>
> ps. Why everybody replying to my thread is a guest ? XD
>

> Download VirtualBox->Download ISO of Ubuntu->Install VirtualBox->New
Virtual machine->(here you will select options like ram amount(I suggest
minimum 1024 MB), virtual disk size and so on)->select you new added
machine->select its virtual CD/DVD Drive->add and select Ubuntu iso->start
virtual machine and proceed with Ubuntu installation (it is very simple -
just follow instructions)->After installation of Ubuntu, install
VirtualGuestAdditions (DEVICE->GuestAdditions(this should mount
additions.iso - if nothing happens first unmount any virtual CD/DVD and then
try again - if I remember correctly... in Ubuntu additions installation is
automated, so just follow the steps again)->Restart... that is it->Enjoy :)

This may sound complicated but it is not – believe me.