[Wine] Execute a pgm on windows lan server . How to map it

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 13:06:30 CDT 2009

2009/6/20 lodewig <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

> Hello wine team / users.
> I have a question I haven't been able to find an answer to yet.
> I'd like to execute a windows .exe pgm on one my lan windows server.
> How can I map as a letter the windows server directory in wine ?
> I am on my linux pc  I can see windows server and mount it too ( samba )
> I try to map it in wine / config / drive where there is C: ../drive_c and so on
> but I can't find it , maybe for my fault , the windows share or network share
> Can anyone help me ?

Wine can't mount network shares itself. (No-one's written this yet,
and there's no schedule for anyone to do so.)

You'll need to mount it in Linux, so it's in your Linux directory tree
somewhere, then access it through your Wine Z: drive (if, as per
default, that's set up to be your whole Linux directory tree).

- d.