[Wine] How can I detect WINE from my program?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 21 10:46:15 CDT 2009

Tahtu <wineforum-user at winehq.org> [Wine]  Re: How can I detect WINE from my program?

>vitamin wrote:
>> However keep in mind that fixing Wine is always a most preferred solution.
>
>8 month ago I reported a bug - together with a suggestion how to fix it inside the source code. I was just one line to change.

As a long term software tester I will advise this:

If you find a problem and the solution, do not bury the solution.  You should have submitted a git differental file to wine-devel or wine-patches rather than wait for your bug to be fixed by someone else.  The real problem is that you complain about this many months after the fact.

BTW, what was the issue number?  Lastly, what makes you think that your problem is fixed?

James McKenzie