[Wine] Shader error with GMA 950 in The Sims 3

fredb219 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 23 04:23:04 CDT 2009

I have an Intel GMA 950 and I installed Sims 3 on vista. It works but crash after 10 min. I reinstalled Sims 3 on Ubuntu 9.04 with playonlinux script.

Install works fine but when I start the game, I have this error :

" impossible de démarrer le jeu. L'appareil 0 ne peut pas exécuter ce titre. Votre carte vidéo ne semble pas prendre en charge Shader Model version 2 ou ultérieure. Veuillez mettre à jour votre carte. "

in english :
"Starting the game is impossible. The 0 device cannot executed this title. Your graphic card seems to not take Shader Model version 2 or ulterior. Please update your card."

I try to configure shader but in winecfg, i only have "hardware" or "none".

The GMA 950 should support shader 2.0 and the game « works » on windows.

Do you know the reason ? There is a mean to disable shaders in sims config before to launch the game ? There is a mean to emulate shaders 2.0 ?

Thanks ! :)

lspci :

VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller