[Wine] Re: How to make joystick completely worked

uranus0206 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 24 01:43:46 CDT 2009

OK! Now i finally find where the problem is! And it's simple to solve!

I find the fifa game will regard my "Logitech Dual Action" joystick as the

"Default" joystick.

That's why i can't use right analog stick even i change mapping in regedit

Now the solution is just modify some contents in the installed game folder

called (FIFA08 for example in the windows browser view):

C:\Program Files\EA Sports\FIFA 08\deta\input\devdata.dat

just edit this file with editor such as gedit, notepad(wine)...

and search "Logitech Dual Action" in the content, like this

[Image: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_TnX1PrvXerM/SkHJLCEHaDI/AAAAAAAAC7M/tsVlDeqV0GA/s800/devdata-dual%20action.jpg ]

and then copy all the mapping values below this subject.

Then search "Default", and paste what you copy to  replace all the content

but remain the title of gampad name.

[Image: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_TnX1PrvXerM/SkHJLLwokYI/AAAAAAAAC7I/0Q54S9gh_Zw/s800/devdata-default.jpg ]

and  then copy this file to ~/FIFA 08/user/

now i can play with whole function in game!

PS:maybe it will work with others non Logitech gamepad...