[Wine] Individual Wineprefixes

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Jun 24 13:10:27 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 17:01, Austin English wrote:
> A script like that would be really easy, something like
> #!/bin/sh
> if [ -d $HOME/.wine ]
> then
>    echo ".wine already exists"
> else
>    cp -r /opt/samplewineprefix/ $HOME/.wine
>    chown -R `whoami` $HOME/.wine
> fi
> exit 0

(I know it is only a sample that was not tested, but anyway...)

If the user do not own the files, the chown would fail. The copy
should set the ownership (because the user is probably unable to
create files owned by another user)

tar or cp --no-preserve=ownership might if the ownership information
do survive the copy....

if the chown does work `whoami` can be replaced with `id -un`:`id -gn`
to change the group as well.

Gert