[Wine] Does wine bottleneck framerate?

Wormboy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 27 06:07:02 CDT 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcwieeBEySc
My performance doesn't even come close to this even at low resolution and overclocked, and I have the 512Mb version of this card, this guy has the 256mb version and I have the same settings, i've seen people run some really high-end games on this like crysis at decent settings, (not high just decent).
Does wine actually bottleneck performance on modern games?
I have native windows directx9 installed, does this reduce performance or the other way round?.
Also, I plan to test it out in windows to see if I get any better performance, if I run XP in virtual box would I be able to run games?
I don't particularly feel like formatting just to test something.