[Wine] Re: WINE install of Dreamweaver MX fails

shobuz99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 27 10:05:36 CDT 2009

dimesio wrote:
> The terminal output you posted was from winetricks, which installed dcom98 just fine. You need to post the terminal output from trying to install Dreamweaver, including the command you used to run the installer.

Ok. I can't post the output from the Dreamweaver install, from Terminal because I did'nt use Terminal to run the install.
After I ran Winetricks, I loaded the DWMX cd. It tried to "autorun"; which failed and I canceled.
I then right-clicked on the desktop temp DWMX icon, and selected 'open'.
I got a file browser to open and in the list of the files on the cd was "Installation Dreamweaver.exe".
I right clicked andthis brought me to "open with wine" and I selected that.
Next the install screen for DWMX appeared with two options:
Dreamweaver install and Cold Fusion install. I selected Dreamweaver install.
the rest is the same results I got before:
It opens the "InstallShield" and then trys to install and gets this error:
"An installation support file '%systemDrive%\Program files\Common files\InstallShield\engine\6\Intel 32\corecomp.ini' could not be installed (0x8000ffff)"

I guess I need to try this from terminal so I get an output to post here?

If you know the commands to run this in terminal, I would appreciate it.
I don't use terminal to install very much. My bad.

Rick (shobuz99)