[Wine] Re: WINE install of Dreamweaver MX fails

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 27 19:00:53 CDT 2009

I just tried installing Dreamweaver MX from CD-ROM
with the latest wine from git (wine-1.1.24-292-ga2dd6fb)
and it worked fine.  Here's what I did:
  rm -rf ~/.wine
(to start with a fresh .wine directory; this deletes anything you had
installed before in wine, so don't do this if you aren't sure)

  cd /media/cdrom/Dreamweaver\ MX
  wine 'Dreamweaver MX Installer.exe'

That's it!  No DCOM98, no futzing around.
It installed fine (though it warned about needing mdac).

To start the app, I had to undo the Z mapping, else it takes forever to start:
  rm ~/.wine/dosdrives/z:

I also installed Fireworks and was able to launch that.

Have you tried the simple approach above?