[Wine] Re: WINE install of Dreamweaver MX fails

shobuz99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 28 07:00:00 CDT 2009

> Latest development version. It's a source control mechanism, like CVS or Bazaar:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine
>
> Make sure you're not running as root/sudo.
>
> --
> -Austin

uuhh..right. I have zero experience with "source control mechanisms, like CVS or Bazaar"...
I took a look at git-wine and downloaded the 1.6.3.tar group of 3 files and then kept reading the instructions, and it became clear to me that I know nothing about what I'm actually doing.. for instance the cloning part.

Sorry, but this is way over my head...unless you'd really want to give me a step-by-step tute on attaining the git-wine process, etc.
I don't expect you to do that. I am capable of reading instructions and all, and I've got some baic understanding of linux/unix/aix....BUT, this is very involved IMO.
I may just give up trying to do this. I mean, it's all for the sake of using an windows app that I can't do without as a tool for web design. I'm an old guy. Set in my ways. Willing to learn; but cautious.
Thanks for all your help...even if you still want to help me. I'll try.