[Wine] Re: WINE install of Dreamweaver MX fails

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 28 07:36:26 CDT 2009

shobuz99 wrote:

> uuhh..right. I have zero experience with "source control mechanisms, like CVS or Bazaar"...
> I took a look at git-wine and downloaded the 1.6.3.tar group of 3 files and then kept reading the instructions, and it became clear to me that I know nothing about what I'm actually doing.. for instance the cloning part.
>
> Sorry, but this is way over my head...unless you'd really want to give me a step-by-step tute on attaining the git-wine process, etc.
> I don't expect you to do that. I am capable of reading instructions and all, and I've got some baic understanding of linux/unix/aix....BUT, this is very involved IMO.
> I may just give up trying to do this. I mean, it's all for the sake of using an windows app that I can't do without as a tool for web design. I'm an old guy. Set in my ways. Willing to learn; but cautious.
> Thanks for all your help...even if you still want to help me. I'll try.

Forget about git for now. Just install 1.1.24 through your package manager.

1. Delete your current ~/.wine with

Code:
rm -rf ~/.wine

2. Insert your Dreamweaver CD and let it automount.

3. As a normal user, run winecfg from the command line. A new ~/.wine will automatically be created.

4. In winecfg, go to the drives tab and make sure the CD drive has been detected and mapped. If it has, close winecfg and run the Dreamweaver  installer from the command line.

If any of this fails at any point, post console output.