[Wine] wine / vcvarsall.bat

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 03:45:02 CDT 2009

Hi there,

  I am trying to play with wine and I cannot figure out how to read a
bat file that would define some env var for me. I followed
instructions from:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=14208

  And everything seems to be installed nicely for me (thanks to winetricks !):

 $ find ~/.wine | grep nmake
/home/mathieu/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
8/VC/bin/nmake.exe

  However I cannot figure out how to run the bat file for vs2005.
Could anyone point me in the right direction ?

$ cd  ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC
$ wine vcvarsall.bat
wine: could not load L"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\\VC\\vcvarsall.bat": Bad EXE format for

 $ wineconsole "/home/mathieu/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio 8/VC/vcvarsall.bat"
It quickly open up a terminal, but close it afterward

Thanks !
--
Mathieu