[Wine] Re: WINE install of Dreamweaver MX fails

shobuz99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 29 15:10:47 CDT 2009

John Drescher wrote:

> > ok. Did 1. no problem.  I tried running winecfg and got a huge error output in terminal; but I couldn't capture it because it logged me out and forced me to log back in to Ubuntu.
> >

> This could be a problem with either hardware or your X windows
>

> > So, once I logged back in, I decided to really remove ALL of the Wine pkgs through Synaptic pkg mgr. Once that was done i wen back and reloaded them...
> > ver 1.1.24 is the latest ver listed in synaptic pkg mgr.
> >
> > Did 2. and the CD started and the icon appeared on the desktop. Autorun tried and failed, like before.
> >

> Do NOT do that. No one can ever help you when you do this because
> there is no way for us to know why it is failing. Try the install from
> the terminal and post the output.
>

> > Did 3. Winecfg opened with no errors and I selected the drive tab and here is the output results from winecfg, in terminal, that I got previously:
> > rick at rick-desktop:~$ winecfg
> > err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
> > err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
> > err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
> > rick at rick-desktop:~$
> >
> > So..in summary: clean Wine, mounted Cd, winecfg ok until I clicked the drives tab...then I busted.
> > Should I make sure that the dosdevices folder is removed from /.wine?
> > It appears to name the cdrom drive as z:
> >

> Make sure in winecfg that your cdrom drive is listed and if not add it.
>

> > BTW.. the "mount manager error" is a relatively new wrinkle that has occurred over the past few days of my install attempts and trying things recommended as well as my own experiments...much to my dismay.
> >

> I am not sure of that. I believe it is a problem with the hal or dbus
> setup in ubuntu but I am not sure. I have never had that but I do not
> use ubuntu.
>
> John

John,
Despite the fact that I still think I have an x windows or x server problem, I was finally able to run from terminal and get a output
to post:
rick at rick-desktop:/cdrom/Dreamweaver MX$ wine Dreamweaver\ MX\ Installer.exe
rick at rick-desktop:/cdrom/Dreamweaver MX$ fixme:storage:StgCreateDocfile Storage share mode not implemented.
err:ole:marshal_object object doesn't expose interface {be6115a1-7de5-48dc-ad2a-25060e00fce2}, failing with error 0x80004002
err:ole:ClientIdentity_QueryMultipleInterfaces IRemUnknown_RemQueryInterface failed with error 0x80004002
rick at rick-desktop:/cdrom/Dreamweaver MX$

This is the first time I was able to get this message.
What do you think?
The original error message appeared in a dialog box, on the screen as well:
"An installation support file '%systemDrive%\Program files\Common files\InstallShield\engine\6\Intel 32\corecomp.ini' could not be installed (0x8000ffff)"

Also, I have been searching the Ubuntu forum for help with the x wndows crashing issue; but haven't found anything.. do you know a good place to look?

Rick (shobuz99)