[Wine] ubuntu 9.04-Wine 1.0.1-Windows Apps/Games do not run...Help

JeZ-l-Lee wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 29 19:42:31 CDT 2009

Hi,

I have ubuntu Linux 9.04 desktop edition (32bit) and Wine 1.0.1...
The OS was recently installed and all hardware seems to be working.
I installed Wine from ubuntu Synaptic Package Manager (version 1.0.1).
I installed some Windows games by downloading their EXE installers.
The games install OK and are listed in Applications->Wine->Programs->
All seems ok, but...

When I try to run games from desktop GUI menu nothing happens
(I checked in System Monitor and the game is not listed as running)

When I run the game from a Terminal, I get the following messages:

Code:
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_LoadKeyboardLayout L"00000409", 0080: stub!
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_LoadKeyboardLayout L"04090409", 0001: stub!

After the above messages are displayed in Terminal, the game window is displayed on the screen as a non responding black window and then I have to "End Process" to end it. (this occurs the majority of the time).  Occasionally the game runs perfectly.
(the games I am trying to run are simple SDL based Windows games)

Can anyone help me make Wine work 100% of the time, both in Terminal and through the desktop GUI menu?

Thanks in advance. If you need further info just ask...