[Wine] Joystick axis swap order

micro wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 29 20:24:24 CDT 2009

Hi. Using Wine I found myself in a weird situation. 4-axis flightsticks have different axis order in Windows and Linux. It appears that the throttle is named axis 3 in Windows, while yaw is the one that Linux names as axis 3, giving throttle axis 4 order. So, games like Fighters Anthology that have fixed joystick use can't operate well, while games like Simcopter that support assignment work around this problem. But I need a way to fix this through Wine, so that all games can work. Is there an option to swap the axes 3 and 4?

Thanks  :)