[Wine] Can someone change the AppDB Status Change colors

halkun wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 1 06:14:52 CST 2009

I know it's a small thing, but it's been bugging the heck out of me for a few years now....

The colors you picked for the AppDB status change are horrible and don't help to communicate information at all. In fact, it actually hinders proper reading of the graph,

The issue is that "Platinum", "Silver", and to a lesser extent, "Garbage" are almost the same color. Platinum and Silver are the worst offenders, being almost the same luminosity and a very light change in hue. (Platinum is a little more "blue").

The idea is that graphs should make it easier to read, not more of a challenge. Graphs often use a gradient of color to indicate "better-ness" and which colors are culturally dependent.

Generically, A spectrum of color has been traditionally used ranging from Blue(good) to Red(Bad), there are some exceptions....

In money, Green=Good, Yellow=Mid, Red=Bad.
In health, Red=good, Cyan=Mid, Blue=Bad (backwards)

I recommend you change "Platinum" to another color, or maybe another graphic under the text. I would also like you to do the same for "Garbage" too. I know you guys have established the "medal" colors for a while now, The problem is you have locked yourself into two color modes (earthish and metallic) and the readability suffers because of it.

I think it would be a good idea to come up with and discuss a new color scheme (While maintaining the "medal" ratings) for AppDB.