[Wine] Re: ~FAQ: parallel install of multiple wine versions

fcmartins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 1 09:53:30 CST 2009

Thanks. If I got it correctly, wine can indeed run with parallel installs of direct versions. It just happens that packaged wine (e.g., in debs) is compiled with absolute paths and we can't ask for it to be installed in a different folder.

I searched for information on how to install older versions of wine using git, and although I found the page on using git to develop on wine, it doesn't mention how to have an old version. I'm sure it can be done because of the regression testing page, but I don't want to try bisecting as the first step.

What are the steps to install a old version of wine with git?