[Wine] winedos.dll question

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Mar 3 10:08:53 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 09:27 -0600, vitamin wrote:
> Martin Gregorie wrote:
> >
> > ===========/etc/sysctl.d/wine.conf================
> > vm.mmap_min_addr = 0
> > This has had no effect. I'm still just seeing:
>
> Run 'sudo sysctl -p' or reboot.

It turns out that the F8 version of /etc/sysctl.conf doesn't contain an
include for sysctl.d, which figures since the directory didn't exist
until I created it. Neither the sysctl(8) or the sysctl.conf(8) manpage
mentions an include directive.

In the meantime I've added "vm.mmap_min_addr = 0" into /etc/sysctl.conf,
but is there an (undocumented) sysctl.conf parameter that would make
sysctl search the /etc/sysctl.d directory for files or is Ubuntu using a
different version of sysctl?

The version I have in both Fedora 8 and 9 is:

sysctl (procps version 3.2.7)

Martin