[Wine] Re: Network App

gldfshkpr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 4 16:05:25 CST 2009

John Drescher wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:01 PM, gldfshkpr <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Well, I copied the entire application over to the Wine folder C: just like it appears on the Win machines and am getting the same response.
> >

> Did you try to install the application at first or just copy the executable?
>
> Does a file named VWGUI.INI exist?
>
> John

The entire app resides in a folder off the C drive including .dll, .exe, .bin files, etc.  There are two VWGUI.INI files.  One is the Global that lives on the Server and one is the Client that lives on the Client computers in the C:Windows folder.  The client one is an empty .INI file.  It needs to be there, but it get's it's info from the Global .INI I'm guessing.

I've copied the entire folder over to Win computers before and it's worked as a local application no problem.  It's so close to working.  It gives me two of the three windows it opens.  One is a dispatcher window, one is the main window and the one I'm not getting is an engine window.

I realize I'm not explaining this very well.  The more questions that are asked of me, the better I might be able to explain what I'm trying to do.

I've copied everything and added it as an application through the Wine GUI as well.