[Wine] Run a mac application from within Wine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 14:58:35 CST 2009

vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on March 6th:

>Lefteous wrote:
>> Thanks for the hint to the FAQ!
>> It decribes how to run a Linux application. Is it also possible to run a Macintosh binary inside a ".app" folder from Wine? Has someone an easy example for me?
>
>This applies to any *NIX not just Linux. Mac OS X is *NIX after all.

This is very true.  However, this may appear to be difficult, but you have to remember that a .app folder is 'special' but if you want to run an executible from within it, you certainly can.  Some programs rely on scripts that are included, but not visible, with the .app or they will not run or run poorly.

James McKenzie