[Wine] SecureCRT

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:02:08 CST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:33 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> ljswan wrote:
>> I have installed the latest stable version of securecrt 6.1.4.
>
> If all you need is a standard ssh client - you already have it. All *NIXes include at least one. And in all cases it works better then anything written for windows.

Leon,

A couple things...

First, securecrt, is clearly modeled after putty:
http://www.vandyke.com/images/screenshots/securecrt/securecrt61logon.gif
... so you should request a linux port from the vendor immediately so
that anyone can benefit from using it.

Second, tt looks like it supports storing passwords.  Have you tried
to store the password?

Third, the app has a GOLD rating in the appdb:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=492&sRating=Gold ...so it
should certainly work.

Fourth, are you connecting through a proxy?  Perhaps it is a network
related issue that it is hanging on.  Next time you try it, get a tea
and come back to see if there's a timeout issue.

vitamin,

That's a pretty broad statement.  PuTTY has a linux port because
people use it everywhere and it works great.  That attitude is
corrosive to the project.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com