[Wine] How to specify directx version

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:13:46 CST 2009

--

Costas,

Agreed, it sounds bazaar to disable direct draw.  That usually makes
things run slower.

Have you tried using winecfg to change your windows version to windows
98?  Sometimes a reinstall is needed.  Remember to switch it back when
done.  Later if you need windows 98 for only that program winecfg
supports that too.

Most games use a game engine shared by other games.  Spacehulk II is
based on Dawn Of War I, right?  I was able to find Dawn Of War II used
the "Essence Engine", but I was unable to find out what game engine
Spacehulk II uses.

Reason I say that is some modern games (half-life 2) do allow forcing
directx version.  Good luck, and post your success.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com