[Wine] Re: direct i/o using wine

alessandro_maffei wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 7 14:33:25 CST 2009

Even if you running program as root, you still have to use ioperm() to enable port access. For more details see for example this HOWTO: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/IO-Port-Programming.html

it seems that the HOWTO explain how to compiler an application in linux native but I've already an application in binary (exe).
I've see that are more version of wine that the windows API used to enable i/o permission in winXP is corretly implemented (win32).
WinXP Driver dialogs with this API to enable i/o.
Can I implement  directly in my application the permission to use i/o so I can use it in winXP and linux (as root)?

The program to run as root is the application or wine?
es: gksu wine myapplication can work?