[Wine] Test network under wine

Oliver aka v1k1ng0 ofabelo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:25:04 CDT 2009

Hello,
I reply between lines ...

2009/3/7 A. Tres Finocchiaro <tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com>

> Oliver,
>
> If the application in question is relatively small, you may find
> success in downloading a live cd that allows the installation of wine.
>  I've done this with Ubuntu and Party Poker for a friend and with a
> little bit of work he was playing his game on a live cd.  This was
> enough to prove to him that wine could work for him, but more
> importantly that the distro he's running works well with wine.  Fedora
> is a good live cd to try as well.

ok, I've burned kubuntu cd live, and I've booted with that cd, I've
installed wine and my fml client, but it has the same error, it can't
connect with the fml server for updating it.

> Debian is fairly popular (ubuntu is based off of it), so we should see
> more people complaining if the latest unstable is incompatible with
> wine.  What version are you running?  Version 5.0 stable of debian was
> recently released so if the network issue is related to your unstable
> build, you may find more success with the latest stable release.

I use Debian unstable, Debian Sid.

> If the issue is wine-network related, you should notice the windows
> version of Firefox has connectivity issues also.  I assume you don't
> have any special proxy settings you are using, right?

no, I don't have proxy settings, I use direct connection.

> Lastly, see if there are any errors when its trying to make its socket
> connections when run from terminal?  You might just have a symlink or
> dll out of place that the application is looking for.

when I run the fml client already installed, it doesn't show any error in
terminal (I run it from terminal).
Can I send you the fml client and you try it? Install it is ok, the problem
is when you want run the client. It's little, I will send you for mail, to
Finocchiaro and Ben Klein. Thanks beforehand.

P.D.: I'm going to try using ethernet and not wifi interface ... If it
works, I will say it.

Cheers...