[Wine] Re: help with error:msvcrt:MSVCRTD_operator_new_dbg Not allowed

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 8 18:17:25 CDT 2009

Sundy wrote:
> err:module:import_dll Library msvcrt.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\notepad.exe") not found

Setting that dll to native means Wine will not use it's own. So that error message is correct.

Sundy wrote:
> 3	Search ../.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/, there is a msvcrt.dll

It's a "fake dll" - resources only no code. Wine creates these for program that insist on seeing this dll in system32 directory.

Sundy wrote:
> Question: Why does not the Wine I installed support native DLL?

It does. You actually have to manually put that native dll where Wine can find it (either system32 dir or directory with the executable you run).