[Wine] Passing a parameter with double quote characters

JustZisGuy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 8 20:29:50 CDT 2009

Another question, does wine use a different way to escape characters?

I'm trying to pass a parameter from Ubuntu to a particular Windows program that is picky and MUST have double quotes as part of the parameter string, but I can not seem to do that.

For example, using the following from the Ubuntu bash prompt:

Code:
wine cmd '/c=echo "parameter"'

I would expect that it would start the Wine command interpreter and print:

Code:
"parameter"

But instead it prints:

Code:
\"parameter\"

I also tried:

Code:
wine cmd "/c=echo \"parameter\""

which is effectivly the same thing, and it has the same result.