[Wine] HELP-No sound input

mdharp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 9 04:11:59 CDT 2009

Ubuntu 8.04, Wine installed & Reaper etc all playing back fine, but no audio input. No audio input available pre Wine install in eg; Audacity & Ardour.
Used Prefs > Sound & set all to ALSA & MAudio ALSA where defined.

Tried Wine > Audio Config - freezes whole system & doesn't resolve.

G'byte MoBo Realtek card disabled in Bios, so only 1 audio device in operation (MAudio Delta 192).
My system AMD x2 x64 +3800 cpu, G'byte NVidia grfx card, MAudio Delta 192 soundcard. All installed & updated last week.

Getting close to giving up on my "Windows free" dream here !!!

All help appreciated (relative noob to Linux, so please try to keep tips etc simple to understand).