[Wine] Unable to start Empire: Total War

Deleon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 10 03:35:24 CDT 2009

Didn't do anything for me. Sound works ok for me btw, so didn't change any of that.
Still freezes when it starts to load battles after changing user.reg.
The first time I ran i got some error in the console (which also crashed..) about creating a dump in relation to some 32bit instruction. I'm running the AMD64 version of Ubuntu, maybe that can cause the problem, donnow.

I added the game to the AppDB btw, you can find it here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=15915

Thanks for your suggestions :)
If I am correct in understanding your post, you can't get the campaign to load? Did you try setting graphics to medium? This solved some issues for me (i have an nvidia 7900gt btw).
Do battles work for you?