[Wine] wine: failed to create the process heap

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Mar 10 15:00:04 CDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 23:12 -0500, Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 7:57 PM, jaywine <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> > Notepad does not work either if your refering to notepad.exe...
>
> Then something screwy is going on...
>
> > How would I enable SeLinux or test if it is enabled? Forgive my in-experience.
>
>  That would depend on your os. I don't use Redhat, so I'm not sure.

I run Fedora 9. To control SELinux go to:

System|Administration|SELinux Management

from the menu bar. On the SELinux management screen "Current Enforcing
Mode" will show the current mode, which is one of Disabled, Permissive
or Enforcing. The default mode is Enforcing, which may be what is
causing your troubles.

Change "System Default Enforcing Mode" to change the effect SELinux has
on your system. "Disabled" does what it says on the tin and "Permissive"
generates the violation messages you'd see in "Enforcing" mode but
doesn't stop the program from doing whatever caused the violation.

If you're a normal user and have a firewall in place (any type will do)
SELinux doesn't offer you much apart from a pain in the bum if yoyu riun
anything except its selected list of servers, so set its default mode to
"Disabled". Thats the first thing I do after a fresh install.

Martin