[Wine] World in conflict

Coala wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 11 04:39:03 CDT 2009

I do not know if this is a game related thing, if it is wine, or if it is my brain, but i have this problem:

World in conflict 1.009 used to run flawless in wine 1.1.16.
Yesterday Tuesday 10. there was a patch for World in conflict upgrading the game to version 1.010. One of the new features is a desktop launcher that starts from running the wic.exe or wic_online.exe. My problem is that when i run WIC I only get a short glimt of the launcher before it shuts down.
Short version of the problem: I click the Exe, the launcher starts, 2 sec later, I see the launcher for about 0.5-1 sec. Then it closes. (Shuts down). Anyone here have the same problem with WIC or any simmilar problem on any other game launchers ?

Best regards CoalaLumpback.