[Wine] Re: OSX 10.5 - XQuartz 2.3.3 - GLX issue

mastorak wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 11 10:01:14 CDT 2009

Hi James

thanks for taking time to answer to me.

> Is this a release from XQuartz? If not, then it is not official and should not be used.

My guess is that this is not an "official"  release but more of an internal development beta.  It was provided by jeremyho who is developer of the xqurtaz team and maintainer of xorg on macports(from what i understand). This version was provided for testing on the thread regarding  the glx wine on mac issue.

> Report this to the XQuartz team. Part of what they are trying to do is make OpenGL games work with XQuartz through Wine until a Mac specific port is developed. Please check if your game has one before reporting as the XQuartz team will tell you that as a response.

I have already reported this on the xquratz site on the respective ticket thread.
I chose to test half life 2 because it is a Platinum wine game that is installing and running flawlessly on Linux with wine.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2890

> One question thought, and you did not state it here. Did you rebuild Wine after installing the beta? If not, appropriate functions are not included and thus Wine will appear broken.

I actually don't remember with which order i did it so i ll try again tonight and post results..