[Wine] Anyone who is experienced with wine and/or CrossOver

moniec15 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 11 15:05:26 CDT 2009

I am on a Macbook 4,1 with 4GB ram and X3100 GPU running 10.5.6, VMware Fusion 2.0.2 and CxGames 7.2.

I am trying to get Runes of Magic to run, and I think it has something to do with wine.

I tried installing and running this game in win2k, winxp, and vista bottles and all yeilded the same result (the pic). I am not running any additional commands to the application (-dx8, -noshaders, etc).

I have also tried tweaking the Direct3d stuff in the registry to no avail.

Here is something interesting though, I keep hearing that it is a hardware problem (that X3100 on Mac wont support the game), but when I tried running the game in VMware (Vista), it was black for about 5 min, then it took me the the EULA agreement screen but there was no text in the box (where the EULA agreement should have been. I couldnt get past this box though because my entire system lagged so bad, but it seems like if somehow there was a way to configure the way CxGames processes these graphics (via wine maybe?) in a way similar to the way my other vista emulator did, there might be a way to get this game to run successfully.

Thanks in advanced!

Here is what I see when I start the game.
[image=http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2876/romss.png]

Here is my reg config.
[image=http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7908/wineregeditconfig.png]