[Wine] Sound effects, but no music. No CD involved. Help?

Infranscia wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 11 18:45:39 CDT 2009

I'm running Wine 1.1.16 on Ubuntu 8.10 'Intrepid' x86.  I'm playing a game, and like the subject line says, I get sound effects, but not music.  I tried downloading sound drivers for Ubuntu, but it still doesn't work.  The game uses no CD.

The game in particular that I'm interested in getting to work uses MIDIs in a folder labeled 'music,' but this problem also occurs in games that have music built into the program, both MP3 and MIDI.  I don't know about other formats.

On another note, I am extremely new to Linux.  For one thing, I don't know how to access the command line, much less how to use it.  So if your suggestion involves the command line, I'm going to need to be told how to use that as well. ^_^;