[Wine] Symantec Ghost Explorer 11

broomx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 12 05:17:47 CDT 2009

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the issues I'm having with
ghost explorer 11?  I need this to run on my Fedora 10 box.  I have faith that wine can do it!

Anyway, I have wine on the default settings and run :

# wine Ghostexp.exe

The ghost explorer window opens great but I do have the following in the shell

fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
[...]

I'm able to open ghost images made with ghost32.exe version 11 and to
browse the files.  It all looks promising but I do get the following in my terminal.

fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00800000 not yet implemented
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:shell:SHIsFileAvailableOffline
(L"Z:\\mnt\\backups\\ghosttest.GHO", 0x32da4c) stub
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:shell:SHIsFileAvailableOffline
(L"Z:\\mnt\\backups\\ghosttest.GHO", 0x32d858) stub
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:shell:SHIsFileAvailableOffline
(L"Z:\\mnt\\backups\\ghosttest.GHO", 0x32da68) stub
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:shell:SHIsFileAvailableOffline
(L"Z:\\mnt\\backups\\ghosttest.GHO", 0x32d444) stub
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1
func=0 method=0)
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x10038), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x10032), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x10032), partial stub!
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!

I can still browse the files.  I then try to extract a file and the whole machine crashes with the following errors.

fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW SHGFI_OVERLAYINDEX unhandled
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!

The annoying thing is that it does work like 5% of the time as long as the ghost image is small.  This failure above was on a 10Gb image of a RHEL5 machine.  I was trying to extract a directory with about 760Mb in it.

Any help would be great.  Having this working fully would save me a lot of time at work.

Thanks