[Wine] Symantec Ghost Explorer 11

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 10:46:47 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM, broomx <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Well, to be honest, I know it's bad practice but I do everything as root.  Wrist slap etc. [Wink]

Don't. Especially with Wine. You're giving windows applications total
access to your system. Viruses, etc. can then wreck havoc.

> I know it's fairly low level but I'm a total noob when it comes to wine.

A lot of that stuff isn't implemented for Wine. You may look around
for another program that can open those files.

Hell, if they're not compressed you could mount it with a loopback device.

--
-Austin