[Wine] Re: Folder creation problems

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 12 18:47:58 CDT 2009

mark rumsey wrote:
> I think you're going to like this. Trying to run setup from the command prompt (wine setup.exe) does not create any output in the terminal window, but I do get a message pop up from the setup program saying 'Setup failed to detect either Windows 95 or Windows NT3.51 or later'. When I hit OK on that the message 'wine client error:lb: write: Bad file descriptor' pops up on the command line. If I then press enter, I get back to the command prompt. Does that make any sense?

I see, something fishy is going on. There was another report about permission problems...
Please open a bug report in Wine bugzilla. Lets limit it to 32-bit version (16-bit stuff works even worse on Wine).
You might be asked to provide additional debug output with one or the other debug channel.

But I don't see any simple solution for this problem. If it's some bogus flags being passed around - it's hard to "fix" that. If this happens intentionally - then Wine misinterpreting something.

Of course you can go ahead and try other program you were talking about. They might not have any problem. Also you could try and downgrade Wine to 1.0.1 (last stable version). See if it does any better.