[Wine] Only partial installation? Context menu items missing :-(

MT Brain wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 13 22:12:32 CDT 2009

Hi!

I am very new to Ubuntu and thus also Wine. I installed, uninstalled and re-installed Wine a couple times while trying out Wine and some third-party apps like Wine-Doors.

Now my trouble is... I just installed 1.1.16, but my context menu entry for Wine is missing. Moreover, when I now select "Open with other Application" from the context menu for a Windows app, Wine is not in the list. The Uninstaller isn't working either: when I select "Uninstall Wine Software", I get an error window saying "Could not launch menu item - failed to execute child process "uninstaller" (No such file or directory)".

Also, I hear there's a browser called Konqueror that comes with Wine, right? I don't have it :-(

Anybody have any ideas what I'm missing? I effectively cannot use Wine at the moment.

Thanks!
Matthias.