[Wine] "Start" menu entries not created by installer?

juengling wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 14 08:30:06 CDT 2009

Moin,

I installed IMatch, which I used on Windows for a long time,  on WINE 1.1.16. The installer file always created a Start Menu entry when running in Windows 2000 pro, but does not in WINE. Although 2 desktop icons are created: "IMatch 3.6.lnk" with the MS Windows icon on it, and "IMatch 3.6" with the usual IMatch icon.

This may be a feature and not a bug :-)

Is it normal that Start Menu icons aren't added to the "Wine --> Programs" menu?

Thanks,

Chris