[Wine] Submenu show delay (MenuShowDelay)

AhtiPasseli wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 14 14:28:09 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm having an annoying problem with wine regarding the menu delays in wine applications (how long it takes for a submenu to appear when I move the mouse over it in a menu). The delay seems to be stuck at zero, and no matter what I do I cannot seem to be able to increase it to a "normal" value. As I understand the delay should be determined by the MenuShowDelay registry variable in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Desktop just like it does in "real" Windows. I have it set to 400 (verified both with the wine regedit and from user.reg file) but the delay is still zero in all wine applications including regedit.

I'm using wine version 1.1.17 in Xubuntu 8.10... I cannot find any help to the issue from googling, the wine faq/wiki or man pages, so I decided to ask here if anyone has had a similar problem or would have any ideas on how to debug the issue? Or could the menu delay be defined somewhere else?