[Wine] Odd Steam problem, not all games are listed

dswann wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 15 11:45:27 CDT 2009

Pretty new to archlinux and wine but regardless

x86_64 arch, KDE4Mod 4.2.1 with qt4.5.0.3, latest wine-bin32-suse from AUR with all of proper bin32 libs isntalled. I have no problems with Steam at all, Half Life 2 will properly run without any issues. My problem is that, not every game that I have on my windows install or that I have bought is showing up currently in My Games tab (not showing not installed, nothing)

Specfically, Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2: which I found a user was sharing my same issue at the WineHQ Application database:

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=1554

But sadly there was no reply to his issue so I am at a lost on how to fix this. This is really a deal breaker between keeping arch and windows

Furthermore, if I create a symlink between my wine steam folder and my mounted Windows ntfs steam folder, the list of my games become a bit more populated but Left 4 Dead reamains missing and Team Fortress 2 has a status of pre-loaded and acts like I like I needed to purchase the game so that isn't going to work either

Help?

[quote=dswann]The Linux Wine Steam:

http://g.imagehost.org/0188/steamlinux.jpg

Steam under Windows Vista: