[Wine] Possible graphics card detection problem

Kristo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 15 21:36:15 CDT 2009

I'm trying to play Galactic Civilizations II with wine 1.1.17.  My problem is that all the graphics are animating extremely slowly.  I looked at debug.err (debug output from the game) and saw this section:

Display Info
Display device 1:
Device Name: \\.\DISPLAY1
Card Name: X11 Windowing System
Manufacturer:
Chip Type:
DAC Type:
Key Device: Enum\
Display Memory: 67.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (50Hz)
Monitor Name: X11 Windowing System
Monitor Max Resolution:
Driver Name:
Driver Version:
Driver Date:
DirectX Acceleration Enabled: Yes

I assumed this section would show my graphics card (Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 128mb, driver version 173.14.16).  Do I possibly not have something configured correctly that causes the game to (I'm guessing here) fallback to software rendering?  Are there any known issues of this sort with nvidia cards?

Thanks in advance for your help.