[Wine] hungarian character error in Empire Earth 2

edemark wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 16 16:34:05 CDT 2009

Hi all!
I was just wondering if there exists any way to get Hungarian characters displayed correctly in Empire Earth 2. I bought the game with Hungarian subtitles (that, as it turned out, includes every text in the game). Sadly as wine does not display these characters correctly makes the game hard and ugly to play. In Hungarian we use lots of vowels with accents like áéíöQüúq which are displayed with a black box in the game with wine.
I have already tried to change language variable with
env LANG=hu_HU.UTF8 wine EE2.exe
env LANG=hu_HU.ISO-8859-2 wine EE2.exe
but still the same only black boxes in stead of the characters.
Any way to get it right?

thanks in advance for your help
pd Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64 and wine 1.1.17