[Wine] Re: Games freeze with CD music

Kristo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 16 22:41:19 CDT 2009

I've been thinking about this issue some more recently, and I came across the MS TechNet article on the subject: http://technet.microsoft.com/es-es/library/cc766308.aspx.  To summarize the relevant parts:

> Fix Name
>
> IgnoreMCISTOP
> Symptom:
>
> The cursor freezes momentarily during background music changes.
> Fix Description:
>
> Modifies the mciSendCommand function to ignore the MCI_STOP command, issued in response to the MC_CLOSE command. On Windows 95 and Windows 98, the MCI_STOP command has a relatively fast response time, but on Windows 2000 and Windows XP Professional, it can take several seconds.

A quick tour around the git repository shows that MCI_SendCommand is implemented near line 1525 of dlls/winmm/mci.c.  Would it be beneficial to add a do-nothing case to the outer switch statement for MCI_STOP?