[Wine] Re: FIFA09 Error in DarWine

0xbc wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 17 03:06:18 CDT 2009

I don't know anything about FIFA09 in particular, but my suspicion would be that you've got no chance of getting it to run on one of those Darwine builds.

If you're adventurous, I'd recommend installing the latest version of Wine (1.1.17) using Macports, and if you're extra-adventurous, getting yourself the most recent XQuartz release candidate - off the top of my head, it's 2.3.3RC2. I've started to have some limited success with that combination (on a new Macbook Pro), although I still think you'd be pretty lucky to get FIFA09 going on OS X at this stage. I sort of got Mafia going the other day that way, but it crashes a lot.

YMMV. Also, I am a Wine noob so if this is terrible advice I take no responsibility for any calamities that may arise from following it. :)