[Wine] Grand prix legends recognize only two joystick axis

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Mar 17 18:27:33 CDT 2009

> I've tried to do as you suggested, but after having rebooted the pc,
> nothing has changed.

Your new rule looks fine and its placement should also be OK. Your rules
set is rather different from mine, but unless there's another overriding
rule in 95-udev-late.rules that shouldn't matter.

Please do the following as root and post the results:

cd /etc/udev/rules.d
grep event *

> Is there something wrong?

Setting  MODE to 0666 may be better than 0644 - I was assuming that the
event devices were read-only but they may be read-write since root has
read/write access.

As a faster temporary workround, after boot you could experiment with
changing the access permissions directly as root:

chmod uga+rw /dev/input/event*
ls -l /dev/input/event*

which should show that the permissions group is now "crw-rw-rw-" If this
takes, the joystick should now work OK.

I use exactly this technique to give all users access to serial ports,
so I'm slightly mystified why it didn't work for you.

Martin