[Wine] Re: 1.1.15 "Failed to connect to the mount manager..."

edgar_rice wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 18 11:09:09 CDT 2009

Final update: replacing the lines indicated in the previously-linked post got me past the error message in the panel, but the install did not work. I copied the system.reg from my (originally 1.1.14, upgraded to 1.1.15) installation and it worked, though it seemed to have a bunch of junk in it (applications installed on the other machine showed up as available for uninstall).

It appears that the problem is simply that Wine 1.1.15 will not create a valid system.reg from scratch. 1.1.14 did.

At least there is an open bug and someone will address this, eventually.